CAN Bus Communication
The hybrid ultrassonic generators provide for the digital input of all welding parameters with CAN bus communication between generator and control system.
CAN (Controller Area Network) is a very secure serial bus communication system defined according to ISO11898 and based on a high data transfer rate. CAN provides for communication between control systems, generators, sensors and feed units in near real time, with a data transfer rate of up to 1 Mbit/s by way of a twin-cored serial bus.
CAN bus communication allows extensive display and recording of all the important parameters on a PC or laptop with appropriate software.
DHG Series Hybrid Ultrasonic Generators:
fast and intelligent
The new digital hybrid ultrasonic generators (patent applied for) will usher in a new era in ultrasonic generator technology. Thenew DHG models will replae the hugely successful SG-22generator series.
The benefits of hybrid technology
- Very fast reaction to fluctuating resonance and load states
- Tuning Software flexibility
- Controlled, constant amplitude under all load conditions
- Fully automatic frequency adjustment
- Storage of different start frequencies
- Optimum process control
Easy, menu-driven data input
The user-friendly menu control allows fast and complete input of all the relevant operating parameters and system-specific constraints. There are two menu types available for this purpose: a user menu for operation-related data input and displays and a service menu, with more advanced functions, for trained service personnel.
Interesting miscellaneous functions
The microprocessor control integrated into each generator module provides for the following control and monitoring functions.
- External amplitude profile presetting
- Controlled start ramp, selectable in three stages (gentle loading for sonotrodes and ultrasonic converter)
- Selectable welding modes: constant time, constant energy or customer-specific applications
- Tolerance window for time, energy and output
The hybrid generators are of modular construction and up to three modules can be built into a 19″ rack with four height units. This ensures maximum flexibility even for OEM requirements.
The modules are available in 20 and 36-kHz frequency versions and also in 1000 W at 36 kHz and 1000, 2000 and 4000 W at 20 kHz output classes.